[openfabrics-ewg] Re: How to generate IBEDreleasesusing 1.0branch

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Apr 5 11:11:47 PDT 2006

    Todd> I hesitate to say this, because it may be more difficult to
    Todd> change anything at this point, but it would be preferable,
    Todd> from my perspective, to have one release process.  This is
    Todd> why I asked the question about the sanctioning of IBED.
    Todd> Maybe the next release.

I think that trying to have a commercially supportable distribution
come directly from OpenFabrics is both not feasible and actively bad
for OpenFabrics and the industry.  Let the free software project focus
on what it does best, and have it produce a release that is targeted
at distributors, who can harden it and get it to customers.

 - R.