[openfabrics-ewg] Changes in SM for the new SRP daemon

Rimmer, Todd trimmer at silverstorm.com
Wed Apr 5 15:17:31 PDT 2006

Ishai,

The algorithm you describe is incomplete.  I assume by:
> From the response to this query the initiator can check if this port is an SRP target. (dm bit capability is set)

That you will stop at the SA query step and assume all ports supporting a DM are SRP targets.  There can of course be other nodes in a fabric which support a DM but do not support SRP.

To be complete, DM queries must be made to the identified nodes to check their IOCs and Service entries to identify what protocols they support.  Only those which have available IOCs and have Service entries supporting SRP should be considered SRP targets.

I also agree with Roland, the SA query must have a fallback mode of operation so that existing deployed SMs which might not support this feature can still interoperate with OF.

Todd Rimmer