[openfabrics-ewg] IBED-1.0-rc3 is available

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Apr 11 03:49:47 PDT 2006

Pradeep Satyanarayana wrote:

> I had a question related to this. IBED-1.0-rc3- has it gone through
> some minimal touch testing on the various platforms listed below, or
> has it been simply compiled on the indicated platforms (with the
> exceptions noted below). I did not see any such references to it in
> the FAQ.

We run thorough testing of the following systems: X86, X86_64 (both
Intel and AMD).
We run partial testing on ia64, and compilation & modules load only on
PPC (due to lack of machines).

Note that we focus our testing in the following:
Core verbs (on mthca), IPoIB, OSU MPI, openSM, SRP and SDP
Other companies are expected to verify the rest of the modules:
ipath driver, Open MPI, uDAPL, iSER, RDS

> If it was tested, was it tested on any specific set of HCAs?

In Mellanox we run our regression test suite on all our HCA boards with
the latest FW releases (see
http://www.mellanox.com/support/firmware_table.php for Mellanox boards
and FW releases).

> How does one find out the bug fixes picked up in this release?

Since it is only RC I have not prepared a release notes with all bugs
fixed. I suggest that from this RC3 everyone will file any issue found
in the bugzilla and then we will be able to track the fixed bugs for RC4.