[openfabrics-ewg] madeye cannot be compiled on latest driver

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Wed Aug 9 11:07:20 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 09:07 -0700, Sean Hefty wrote:

> Hal is correct.  Madeye would need to be backported to whatever kernel version
> the OFED release is pulling from.  The backport should be fairly trivial.

Yes, it is.

> An
> alternative would be to add the missing definitions to ib_verbs.h.

It's a bit annoying to have this perpetual unresolved rift between
what's in Roland's tree and what's in the Subversion repository, since
the incompatible definitions in SVN have been stuck in that shape for
many months, and never seems to get closer to moving upstream.  I'm all
for adding compatibility definitions into the Subversion tree to reduce
the amount of backporting that's needed.

	<b