[openfabrics-ewg] Cisco SQA results for OFED 1.1rc1

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) sweitzen at cisco.com
Tue Aug 15 23:25:26 PDT 2006

Cisco SQA has started testing DDR, I've enclosed spreadsheets for both
OFED test results and MPI performance.  All our testing so far has been
on RHEL4 U3.  We plan to start testing SLES10 this week.

Some improvements we see for OFED 1.1rc1 vs 1.0fcs:

*	SDP latency is the best I've ever seen it, although throughput
is still not back to where it was.
*	SDP stability seems greatly improved compared to OFED 1.0
rc5-fcs.
*	Intel MPI 2.0.1 seems to be more scalable compared to OFED 1.0.

There are some major regressions though:

*	Open MPI does not work at all on 64-bit RHEL4 (bug 197).
*	tvflash no longer works on RHEL4 ppc64 (bug 198).

I'd like to request we try to also fix the following bugs for OFED
1.1fcs:

*	175 (add /proc, /sys, and ideally netstat support for SDP), as
it's hard to debug SDP with just strace.
*	183 (node_desc does not alway have hostname in it), as we have a
customer who depends on this info.

Scott Weitzenkamp
SQA and Release Manager
Server Virtualization Business Unit