[openfabrics-ewg] Rollup patch for ipath and OFED

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Mon Aug 21 12:28:19 PDT 2006

Tziporet wrote,
>Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
>>
>> making life very difficult. I assumed that the latest working code
>> would be put into SVN, as it has been in the past. If this is not the
>> case,
>> then please tell me where I can get the latest HCA drivers that will
>> work
>> with Sean's latest code that is in SVN.
>>
>> woody
>>
>You can take the code from the new OFED 1.1-rc2

>Tziporet

I can do that as long as it is compatible with the latest changes that
Sean
has been making and checking into SVN. It would actually be best if you
could check your latest driver (if that is the one that is in OFED 1.1)
into SVN, so that I can pull it from one
place. Same goes for the pathscale driver. Once you have a stable
version
working with OFED 1.1, can you also check it into the trunk SVN.

Bottom line is we either need to keep the code in the trunk up to date
or remove it, but having multiple data bases with different versions
is somewhat confusing.

As for the Mellanox driver, I do not have any problem with the version
that is currently in the SVN trunk, it works just fine, and if you
only want to put new stable versions in from time to time, that is OK.

I would just like to get some version of the pathscale driver and
backport
patches that will work with the SVN trunk. If that is going to be the
OFED 1.1 version, that is fine, but would request that the Qlogic folks
check their stable version into SVN or remove what is there if they are
not
going to keep it up to date.

woody