[openfabrics-ewg] Rollup patch for ipath and OFED

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Aug 21 12:36:29 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Woodruff, Robert J <robert.j.woodruff at intel.com>:
> Subject: RE: [openfabrics-ewg] Rollup patch for ipath and OFED
>
> Brian Wrote,
> >On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 21:49 +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>
> >> Woops, only now noticed that this was wrt the ipath driver, not mthca
> as I
> >> thought. Of course I didn't mean it - I don't edit ipath code in SVN,
> pathscale
> >> guys do that.
>
> >We don't actually use SVN to develop the driver either.  For kernel
> >stuff, I think it's become just a dumping ground for changes that
> people
> >have made in their own private trees.  This makes it not a suitable
> >place to be pulling driver sources from.
>
> >	<b
>
> I am just looking for stable HCA drivers that will work with the rest of
> the latest code that is in SVN. Sean is putting all his changes into SVN
> and we need to test them with the HCA drivers and the rest of the stack.
>
> At this point, I have not a clue where the latest code is for all the
> different components and it is making life very difficult. I assumed that the
> latest working code would be put into SVN, as it has been in the past. If this
> is not the case, then please tell me where I can get the latest HCA drivers
> that will work with Sean's latest code that is in SVN.

Simply put, ideally each component should be developed
separately against upstream versions of the rest of
them.

Maybe Sean can start publishing git trees with his stuff?
AFAIK, there are several developments - sa cache, multicast module,
userspace cma access ... and these could even go into separate branches,
making it easy for people to mix and match.

Sean?

--
MST