[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED 1.1-rc2 is ready

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Aug 23 10:24:04 PDT 2006

Woody wrote,
>Ok, I was able to install the RC2 on EL4-U3 and get intel MPI working
on uDAPL.
>Did have one issue with the install that maybe you could fix for the
next
>RC. It appears that the rdma_ucm and rdma_cm are not being loaded at
startup
>time and I had to manually modprobe rdma_ucm, after that, Intel MPI and
uDAPL
>seemed to work fine with the intial tests I have done so far, will
continue
>to stress test it and let you know if we see any other issues.

>woody

It appears that what is happening on this one is that the
/etc/init.d/openibd script is failing because the ipath driver
is not loading, which is expected in rc2 as their latest patches are not
in rc2, If I disable loading of the ipath driver in
/etc/infiniband/openib.conf
the script continues and loads rdma_cm and rdma_ucm.

The question is, if a driver like the ipath driver fails to load,
should the script go on anyway and load the other drivers like
rdma_cm/rdma_ucm ?
or is it best to leave it as it is. Anyway, once the ipath driver is
fixed,
this issue should go away.

woody