[openfabrics-ewg] Rollup patch for ipath and OFED

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Aug 23 10:58:46 PDT 2006

Bryan wrote,
>On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 18:01 +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>> Guys, I just looked at ipath-fixes.patch in ofed.  With 36 files
changed, 4623
>> insertions, 4774 deletions, it's quite a biggie with no description
what it does
>> whatsoever.  Can't this be split to smaller chunks doing one thing at
a time,
>> please?  You'll have to do this for upstream inclusion anyway, so why
not for
>> OFED?

>We were in a rush to get a working patch out, is all.  I've been
>splitting that monster up into sensibly-sized chunks in the usual way.

>	<b

I hate to tell you I told you so, but this is exactly why you guys
should not be off working behind closed doors and then submit some
mongo patch. If you would just submit the code as you go in smaller
patches and check in the smaller patches daily to SVN, we would not
have such an integration mess at the end.

woody