[openfabrics-ewg] Welcoming IBM to EWG (Was: : ehca is not in OFED 1.1-rc1 anymore)

Hoang-Nam Nguyen HNGUYEN at de.ibm.com
Wed Aug 23 15:49:32 PDT 2006

Hello Tziporet!
First thanks for your support including our ehca driver in OFED!
At the moment we do have our code in Roland's git tree
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband.git,
branch ehca. It is based on latest kernel version, ie. 2.6.18-rc4. As
Roland has stated in the mailing list  of openib and linux kernel (lkml,
powerpc dev) we're targetting to merge ehca into 2.6.19. In the meanwhile
we have incorporated some received comments in our code and will release a
patch against Roland's git tree by tomorrow, Vladimir, I'd appreciate if
you could pull the code then from there for OFED 1.1-rc3.
According to OpenIB Wiki resp. OpenIBFAQ we have to support 2.6.12 as
latest stable kernel version. So we'll test this and provide a backport if
necessary. That Wiki page also mentions 2.6.9. I'm wondering if backport
for that version is mandatory or not. Can you please clarify that?
We'll provide you with a list of supported platforms (HW and OS) in the
next couple of days.
Thanks,
Hoang-Nam Nguyen

"Tziporet Koren" <tziporet at mellanox.co.il>
22.08.2006 21:10

"Sujal Das" <Sujal at Mellanox.com>, "Bill Boas"
<bboas at systemfabricworks.com>, <chetm at us.ibm.com>,
<openfabrics-ewg at openib.org>
cc
Christoph Raisch/Germany/IBM at IBMDE, Hoang-Nam Nguyen/Germany/IBM at IBMDE,
Marcus Eder/Germany/IBM at IBMDE, <shahanse at cisco.com>, "Vladimir Sokolovsky"
<vlad at mellanox.co.il>, "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst at mellanox.co.il>
Subject
RE: [openfabrics-ewg] Welcoming IBM to EWG (Was: : ehca is not in OFED
1.1-rc1 anymore)

Hi Marcus and Nam,
I am glad to work with you to include IBM driver (ehca) in OFED.

Note that we already created RC2 yesterday and plan to have RC next week
on Aug-30, so if we want to add ehca we need to move fast.
I guess you already understand the way we work ? code should be compiled
against kernel 2.6.18 tree, and we have back-port patches for the
different OSes we support.

Since ehca is not yet in Linux best if you can setup a git tree with ehca
and its backport patches.

To add ehca you will need to work with Vlad (responsible for the build &
install scripts) and with Michael (maintains the kernel git tree).

Please reply if you can setup a git tree, and if not from where we should
take the code & backport patches.
Also we need to know if there are any platforms (HW & OS) that ehca does
not support.

Thanks,
Tziporet