[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] drop mthca from svn?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Aug 28 16:16:52 PDT 2006

    Fabian> Mellanox is currently tracking the MTHCA code base for
    Fabian> Windows, and moving it out of SVN could make that harder,
    Fabian> even impossible if it were to lose the BSD license.

There's no thought of changing the license.  I'm sure that would be a
discussion at a much higher temperature.

With that said, why would maintaining mthca exclusively in git make it
harder to track?  If anything I would think it would make it slightly
easier, since "git log rev1..rev2 drivers/infiniband/hw/mthca" and
"git diff rev1..rev2 drivers/infiniband/hw/mthca" are a lot faster
than the svn equivalents.

 - R.