[openfabrics-ewg] open-iscsi update for OFED 1.2

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Dec 11 07:06:43 PST 2006

> >> Here are the open-iscsi kernel files:
> >>
> >> drivers/scsi/iscsi_tcp.c
> >> drivers/scsi/iscsi_tcp.h
> >> drivers/scsi/libiscsi.c
> >> drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_iscsi.c
> >> include/scsi/iscsi_if.h
> >> include/scsi/iscsi_proto.h
> >> include/scsi/libiscsi.h
> >> include/scsi/scsi_transport_iscsi.h
> >>

> > OK. So after we'll add that to checkout scripts (hope Vlad can do this this
> > week), next thing you'll need is to add backport patches/addons and update makefile
> > to build iscsi.
> >

> I understand that the kernel version that OFED 1.2 will be based on is
> unknown yet (or am I wrong?). In order to create backport patches to a
> specific distro, I need to know where I start from (i.e which kernel
> version).

Not really. Start from here:
git://staging.openfabrics.org/~vlad/ofed_1_2/.git

This is currently based on 2.6.19.
Clone this and work off ofed_1_2, test and ask for pull.

Then when there's an -rc from Linus, iser build might break and then you'll need to
fix the backports. However, from experience, if backports are done carefully enough
(separating the actual code in new header files) this is either easy or nothing
breaks. See the mail I've just sent to openib on new tricks we have in OFED 1.2
to make this easier.

--
MST