[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.2 git tree

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Dec 19 14:26:38 PST 2006

Hi Tziporet,

I took a look at the OFED 1.2 git tree, daily builds and how to wiki.
As for the OFED 1.2 tree, I was able to clone it and get it running
with the OFA userspace git tree, although I did it manually as the
build scripts for OFED are not intuitively obvious on how to use.
I did look at the How to build OFED 1.2 Wiki and I think it could use a
bit more work,
as I was not able to take the daily build tar balls and easily make a
dist tar ball from them,
so a little more exact step by step instructions on your wiki would be
helpful.

As we discussed yesterday in the OFED meeting, for the OFED 1.2 kernel
(based on 2.6.20-rc1)
you have to checkout Sean and Arlins rdma_cm branch of the userspace
code if you are
not doing so already, I also updated the how to check out OFA code from
git, on the wiki.

https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Downloading+Code+From+the+OF
A+git+Repositories

As for the local_sa cache and multicast branches of Sean's trees. He is
still based on
2.6.19. I took a quick look at trying to port this to the OFED_1.2 tree
based on 2.6.20-rc1
and it looks like it needs a few more changes than I want to deal with
this week while he
is out on vacation. Probably best to wait for his return to port the
code up to the 2.6.20-rc1
code base, but I see no problem with getting this ready for the Jan 30
feature freeze date.

woody