[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.0 on ppc64 Sles 10 - sysfsutils 64-bit version problem

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Jul 10 14:01:03 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 16:45 +0300, Vladimir Sokolovsky wrote:
> Hi Moshe,
> The sysfsutils (64 bit version) RPM name changed on ppc64 SLES10 to
> sysfsutils-64bit.
>
> The workaround for this issue is to change *sysfsutils *to
> *sysfsutils-64bit* in the OFED-1.0/build_env.sh file (line 1275).

Man that's ugly (creating sysfsutils-64bit I mean).  The arch should
denote this information.  Not the name.  The only reason for this to be
done is failure to properly multilib the sysfsutils package.  Ugh.  Oh
well, we are multilib'ing sysfsutils, so for future reference, on fc6,
rhel5, and on rhel4 u5 you would need to check for libsysfs-devel as a
buildprereq: and that's it, it will work on all arches that way.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
http://people.redhat.com/dledford

Infiniband specific RPMs available at