[openfabrics-ewg] git access to OFED kernel sources

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Wed Jul 12 02:08:46 PDT 2006

Hi All,

In OFED 1.0 kernel sources were managed in both SVN and git. Thus only
in the release tarball one could have the correct kernel sources.

To improve visibility of OFED 1.1 release process, we have created a git
repository including the kernel part of the OFED distribution (for
user-space, OFED is tracking the OpenFabrics svn tree).

This makes it possible for everyone to review detailed history of all
code in OFED 1.1 - something which was not easily possible with OFED 1.0
since a large portion of kernel level code was downloaded from
kernel.org.

Of course, OFED release candidate tarballs will be published in the same
way as we did for OFED 1.0.

I think that this tree should be placed in a neutral server in Sandia
where svn is located.

Matt - is it possible for Sandia to provide git hosting? If yes, we
could take on the task to keep OFED 1.1 updated there.

For now, the most updated version of the OFED 1.1 history can be
accessed at:

git://www.mellanox.co.il/~git/infiniband  ofed_1_1

The ofed_1_1 tree is a merge from Roland tree for 2.6.18 and sources
that we need to take from SVN (e.g uCMA). In addition of course this
tree includes the patches & scripts for OFED.

Thanks,

Tziporet Koren

Software Director

Mellanox Technologies