[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED 1.1 release - schedule and features

Jeff Broughton jeff.broughton at qlogic.com
Wed Jul 12 09:48:03 PDT 2006

Mike,

The whole purpose of SDP is to make sockets go faster without having to
have the applications modified.  This is what the customers want.  I've
heard this time and time again, across a wide spectrum of customers.

Modifying the sockets API is just defining yet another RDMA API, and we
have so many already....

-Jeff