[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED 1.1 release - schedule and features

Gil Bloch gil at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 13 02:05:41 PDT 2006

Dhabaleswar Panda wrote:
> Tziporet,
>

>> -         Based on 0.97 (we will not move to 0.98 since we tested it and
>> found it is less stable then 0.97)
>>

> Could you please indicate which version of 0.9.8 you tested and what
> are the exact problems you have faced.

We are running 0.9.8-RC0 and we did not find specific problems with it.
The problem is that we did not have the chance to run enough testings
yet, and as you indicated, this is RC0 and some changes / fixes are
expected. Thus, for the coming release we prefer to use the well-tested
0.9.7 and we will take the 0.9.8 (or any successor if released early
enough).
> Please note that 0.9.8 has not been formally released yet. What is
> currently available is 0.9.8-RC0. We have been continuing our testing.
> Since the 0.9.8-RC0 release, there have been several fixes applied to
> the trunk based on our internal testing and feedbacks received from
> others. We plan to make a formal release soon. Please try the latest
> version available from the trunk. If you continue to see problems,
> please let us know and we will be happy to fix these problems before
> the release.

We will let you know if we find any problem with the 0.9.8.

Regards,
Gil