[openfabrics-ewg] iWARP Support in OFED 2.0 (Was OFED 1.1 planning meeting)

Matt Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Thu Jul 20 16:26:05 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 14:04 -0700, Ryan, Jim wrote:
> Sure, I can do it or I can send a note to the closed promoters' list

  In the iwarp svn branch I see drivers for Ammasso and Chelsio.  Seems
like other iwarp folks need to release their open source OF drivers
before they can become part of the EWG.  When does NetEffect, Neterion,
and Quadrics plan on producing a basic OpenFabrics iwarp driver to the
mail list for review?

 You'll need to post basic driver code in stages.  If you dump a
"complete" driver into the OpenFabrics stack it will probably be
rejected.  You need to let the developers on the openib-general mail
list see how you plan on designing a driver before you move forward with
completing all the work.

  It seems natural to nominate Chelsio to be part of EWG, but the other
folks need to show us the code before they should be nominated into EWG.

  - Matt