[openfabrics-ewg] Distro requirements for OFED

Matt Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Mon Jun 5 23:37:55 PDT 2006

>From the concall today here is the info I have on Novell/SuSE and
RedHat.

Novell/SuSE
SLES10 will have a version of OFED available to customers.  SLES10 will
be GA at the end of June, but SuSE would like to announce OFED support
on June 14th.  Since SLES10 has been frozen for a while, OFED will be
made available as an update to registered customers/clients.  SuSE has
been testing OFED RC3 and RC4.

RedHat
RedHat will include OFED in RHEL4U4 as a technology preview.  RedHat
will work with customers that want to use OFED-1.0, but RedHat doesn't
plan on having multi-year "official" support for OFED in RHEL4U4.
RHEL4U5 and RHEL5 are several months out, but we can target OFED-1.X or
OFED-2.0 for official support.

Both SuSE and RedHat think the OFED work is very helpful in stabilizing
the code for customers.  As we work on future OFED releases we need to
figure out a way to work even more closely with Novell/SuSE and RedHat.

Does anyone else have any other info on the distros and OFED?  I assume
we are all talking to the same RedHat and SuSE folks.

  Thanks,

	- Matt