[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED 1.0 release schedule

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Jun 14 09:12:40 PDT 2006

Jack wrote,
>Since the change you request (which is a kernel-level change) affects many
>products, not just IntelMPI, it is not possible to just include it at the
>last minute and hope for the best (due to lack of QA).

>- Jack

At this point if the 1.0-pre1 tar ball goes gold this Friday as scheduled,
then I guess we will have to live with what we have and people
running larger clusters will need to use the trunk until OFED 1.1.
If however, it is decided that there needs to be another RC to fix the other
problems
with things like pathscale not working with SDP or uDAPL, then I think
we should allow the setops fixes in also, but I understand that would mean
going through another QA cycle.

my 2 cents.
woody