[openfabrics-ewg] Meeting Minutes - 3/20 Call

Matt Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Mon Mar 20 21:00:18 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 13:48 -0800, Pramod Srivatsa (psrivats) wrote:
> Please reply with additions / corrections.
>

> 2. Role of the Release Coordinator:

>    - Silicon vendors only will be release coordinators

      Why is this a requirement?

> 4. Opens on maintainers:
>
>     - OpenMPI: Mellanox to sign open-mpi paper by March 27th.

     The decision about maintainers should be based on experience, not
the number of developers.  Jeff Squyres is the natural maintainer of
OpenMPI.  Gleb Natapov, from Voltaire, has been working with OpenMPI for
the last 6-9 months.  I think Gleb is the natural choice for a backup
OpenMPI maintainer.

     Mellanox does not need to maintain every bit of this stack.  It's
time to spread out the responsibilities.  Mellanox can attend the
OpenMPI class and contribute to code.  But you can't replace Gleb's 6-9
month experience with the OpenMPI code base.

  - Matt