[openfabrics-ewg] Toward IBED RC3

Sujal Das Sujal at Mellanox.com
Tue Mar 28 10:38:12 PST 2006

As I recall, we did not agree on this topic in the meeting, but left it for
Tziporet to work out the technical feasibility of doing this, through
discussions with Bryan.

Re: what was agreed in the BOD meeting - if you look at Shawn's slides, the
agreement was for the EWG to start with the OpenFabrics 1.0 RC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Betsy Zeller [mailto:betsy at pathscale.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:30 AM
To: Tziporet Koren
Cc: Openfabrics-ewg at openib.org
Subject: Re: [openfabrics-ewg] Toward IBED RC3

Tziporet - you missed last weeks meeting where we agreed that there
would be one OpenFabrics 1.0 release, based off the RC1 tree Bryan
built, designed to meet the needs of EWG. We agreed not to go ahead with
separate EWG and OpenFabrics 1.0 releases.

I know Bryan has a meeting scheduled with you Wednesday morning to
discuss which patches need to be migrated into the RC1 tree to make sure
everything from the EWG RC1 is covered. The two of you should coordinate
to determine how to achieve this before another release candidate is
issued.

Regards, Betsy

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 15:12 +0200, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I wish to progress our release and have RC3 early next week (3 or 4
> April).
>

> Main changes from RC2 to RC3:
>
>      1. Bug fixes according to problems reported
>      2. OpenMPI
>      3. Pathscale (ipath) driver
>      4. uDAPL
>      5. ibis included
>      6. Standard network configuration
>

> In order to do this I wish to have the coordinators meeting on this
> Thursday at 7:30am PST as we agreed.
>
> The coordinators meeting should include:
>
> Moni - Voltaire
>
> Kamen - Cisco
>
> Todd - SilverStorm
>
> Bryan - Pathscale
>
> Vlad - Mellanox
>
> Tziporet - Mellanox
>

> If you think more people should attend please let me know.
>

> Issues to close:
>
>      1. Sources repository (I hope to close this with Bryan before and
>         come with proposal)
>      2. OpenMPI - package integration and requirements from the
>         install
>      3. Fedora C5 is out - do we need to support it?
>

> Status update:
>
>      1. RC2 testing status of all companies
>      2. Compilation of RDS
>      3. Compilation of iSER
>      4. SRP development
>      5. SDP development
>

> Please send more agenda items if you have
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tziporet

Betsy Zeller
Director of Software Engineering