[openfabrics-ewg] RE: OpenMPI package & install definition

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at mellanox.co.il
Wed Mar 29 07:44:42 PST 2006

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
> The final meeting was set for 8am Pacific US time tomorrow morning
> (Wednesday, 29 March 2006).
> I sent around phone bridge and agenda information to everyone who was
> on Tziporet's Outlook appointment invitation. If others want to
> attend, let me know and I'll send you the information.
>
> This teleconference is for MPI coordination issues only -- there is a
> separate IBED release coordination meeting on Thursday morning at 9am
> Pacific US time (Thursday, 30 March 2006).

Hello,
The following issues should be closed regarding MPI installation in IBED:
Source code:
1. Source code repository or tarball or src.rpm for OSU and Open MPI to
be available for automatic download by IBED build script.
2. The way to submit patches to both MPIs that can be applied by MPI
install script.

Installation:
1. Support different installation prefix to be passed as a parameter to
install.sh/spec file.
2. Compiler to be passed as a parameter to install.sh/spec file.
3. Path to include/lib directories required for MPI compilation be
passed as a parameter to install.sh/spec file.

Example:
OSU MPI build_rpm.sh script usage:

build_rpm.sh [ --install_root <Install_Root> ]

        [ --prefix <Stack_Prefix> ]
        [ --driver_home <Driver Path> ]
        [ --compfile(--comp) gcc|pgi|pathscale|intel|<filename.def> ]
        [ --csize small|medium|big ]

        --install_root <Install_Root> Root directory where the MPI tree
        will be installed.
        Use ./. as an argument for the standard root.
        Default: /var/tmp/IBED

        --prefix <Stack_Prefix> Actual MPI installation path.
        Default: /usr/local/ibed

        --driver_home <Driver Path> Full path to IB stack installation.
        Default:
        /var/tmp/IBED/usr/local/ibed/driver/infinihost

        --compfile gcc|pgi|pathscale|intel
        or
        --compfile <path>/filename.def Select one of the supported
        compilers for the MPI build,
        or specify the full path to a custom compiler configuration
        file (file name format: <filename>.def).
        Examples of custom *.def files you can be found in
        the ./compilers directory.
        Default: gcc

        --csize small|medium|big Define the cluster size configuration.
        This parameter can be
        tuned during MPI run time via a param file that specifies
        a different configuration.
        Default: small

        *Usage example.
        build_rpm.sh --prefix /opt/ --driver_home /usr/local/openib \
        --compfile intel*

Regards,
Vladimir