[openfabrics-ewg] Re: How to generate IBED releases using 1.0branch

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Thu Mar 30 07:15:39 PST 2006

Hi,

This is the technical details you can use to send such a mail.

We are working on IBED release in collaboration of OpenFabrics release.

The motivation behind the release:

-          Backport IB support from 2.6.17 to older kernels and existing
distributions (Redhat, SuSE)

-          Making it easy for people to test and use components that are
not yet in mainline kernel

-          One package supported by all IB OEMs and vendors

-          Please add more ...

The components of the IBDE release are (in brackets is the source
location):

Kernel modules:

-          HCA drivers: mthca, ipath (git tree for 2.6.17)

-          core (all modules) (git tree for 2.6.17)

-          IPoIB (git tree for 2.6.17)

-          SRP (git tree for 2.6.17)

-          iSER (svn trunk)

-          SDP (svn trunk)

-          RDS: from SilverStorm contrib directory (till they move it to
the trunk)

User level modules:

-          All libraries and utilities from the 1.0 branch

-          Opensm from the 1.0 branch

MPI:

-          OSU MPI - tarball based on release 0.97 provided by Mellanox

-          Open MPI - tarball based on XXX (Jeff to fill) provided by
Cisco

In the way this release is done both IBED release and OpenFabrics share
the same user space code, and testing done on one of them contribute to
both.

Also working on kernel modules that are aimed for Linux kernel will
raise the quality level of Infiniband kernel code and will be aligned
with Linux releases.

More information that you may want to add is that we will use the same
bugzilla to report bugs

Tziporet