[openfabrics-ewg] Test results from QLogic on RC4

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Thu May 11 07:41:05 PDT 2006

Betsy Zeller wrote:
> Here's the results of our initial testing on OFED RC4. Open bugs have
> been posted in Openib/bugzilla.
>
> o)  kernel build failed in IB core on SUSE 10 (openib bugzilla bug 68).
> This blocks further testing on SUSE 10.

Assigned to Vlad; we will check it here.
In general please assign any compilation/ install / configuration issues
to Vlad.
> o)  Install script dependency checking problems (it seems to check some
> dependencies correctly, not others.  A bug based on some of these
> problems is openib bugzilla bug 71)

This one is for Jeff
> o)  IPoIB default configurations don't seem reasonable.  (openib
> bugzilla bug 72)

Assigned to Vlad. We will look into it.
> o)  ipath_core does not get installed (or apparently built?  Unclear...)
> on RHEL4.  (openib bugzilla bug 73 - now fixed)
>
> o)  Moving on to SLES 10, we still see the -Os flash reading problem
> with InfiniPath drivers. (fixed, will be there for RC5 - workaround is
> to compile with -03 till then)
>
> o)  InfiniPath can still see a kernel panic when trying to run SDP.
> (fixed - will be in RC5)
>
> o)  Mvapich osu_latency caused a general protection fault leading to a
> kernel panic (fixed - will be in RC5)

Regarding fixes that should be in RC5: Where do you check-in the fix?
Note that we take ipath from git, so if the fix is not in the git you
should create a patch file.
The patch should be under backports/<version> if its only issue of a
specific distro/kernel, or under fixes if its a general fix.

The path for patches of OFED is:
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.0/ofed/patches/

Tziporet