[openfabrics-ewg] RE: OFED 1.0 rc4 won't compile on orig FC5 kernel

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) sweitzen at cisco.com
Tue May 16 10:52:17 PDT 2006

Actually, I spoke too soon.   Kernel components compiled, but MVAPICH
did not:

Compiling MVAPICH ...
2
mpirun_rsh.c: In function 'read_hostfile':
mpirun_rsh.c:1197: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in functi
on 'strndup'
mpirun_rsh.c:1205: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in functi
on 'strndup'
mpirun_rsh.c:1220: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in functi
on 'strndup'
mpirun_rsh.c:1220: error: too few arguments to function 'strndup'
make[3]: *** [mpirun_rsh] Error 1
Exit status from make was 2
make[2]: *** [mpilib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [mpi-modules] Error 2
make: *** [mpi] Error 2
        Error in compiling MVAPICH. Check the log file: make.mvapich.log
        Exiting ....
Mvapich installation failed

Scott Weitzenkamp
SQA and Release Manager