[openfabrics-ewg] Copyright review of OpenFabrics (user space)

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed May 24 17:18:16 PDT 2006

    Betsy> It's worth noting that under international law, any file
    Betsy> without a copyright has an implied proprietary copyright,
    Betsy> which means it should be only edited by its original
    Betsy> author.

I doubt that's really true.  I'd be shocked if international law
refers to "files" at all.  I suspect that it's actually phrased in
terms of "original works of authorship" or something like that, and
I'm pretty sure that a package like libibverbs would qualify as a
single work.

After all, when you buy a book, it doesn't have a copyright notice on
every page, does it?

 - R.