[openfabrics-ewg] how has Mellanox modified MVAPICH for OFED?

Pavel Shamis (Pasha) pasha at mellanox.co.il
Thu May 25 01:40:38 PDT 2006

Hi,
The main changes from original mvapich-0.9.7 are :

1. SRQ changed to be run time option (Cisco's patch from Amit)
2. Multi hca and multi port support - it is NOT multirail. Each job can
select on which hca and which port to run(jobs on the same node can use
different ports/hcas). User can control all this stuff via hostfile.
3. Mellanox installation and configuration scripts
4. PPC64 fixes for shared library.
5. Some small changes from mvapich trunk.

Regards,
Pasha.