[openfabrics-ewg] Some intitial test notes on RC5

Betsy Zeller betsy at pathscale.com
Tue May 30 19:09:25 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 11:02 +0300, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Betsy Zeller wrote:

> > Here is the error from SUSE 9.3:
> >
> SUSE 9.3 was not one of the OSes that we decided to support, thus we run
> checks on SUSE 10 only.
> We can see if this can be fixed but not clear me if we want to support
> so many systems.
I'm fine with not testing OFED 1.0 on SUSE 9.3 - I'll drop it from the
installations we test on.

> > 3) RHEL 4 SP 3:
> >
> > This attempt failed due to an unspecified dependency on tcl-devel. Once
> > tcl-devel was installed, it built successfully.
> >
> tcl-devel is required by the ib-utils package. You can choose not to
> install it and then tcl-devel will not be a requirement.
The problem is certainly easy enough to work around, but if ib-utils
requires tcl-devel, shouldn't there be a dependency?

> > 4) SLES 10
>  Moni from Voltaire said
> they will support only SLES10 RC1, on RC6.
That makes sense to me.

> > 7) After installation and reboot, the systems were configured with
> > less than unsatisfactory IP addresses for the IB ports.
> The script that cause it is ofed_net.conf. (it is also explained in the
> OFED_Installation_Guide.txt).
> You have 2 options: In the manual installation change the default of the
> script to any ip address. Or change the setting in the ofed_net.conf file.
> We are planning to fix this and give a better way to control the ip
> addressed setting. Should be in RC6.

We'll look for the fix there - this seems like an important one.

Thanks, Betsy