[openfabrics-ewg] Agenda for SC OFA meeting

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Mon Nov 6 05:18:09 PST 2006

Bill Boas wrote:
> I had used OFSS to denote the trunk but on reviewing today the process of
> software stack approval it became clear that we can not identify one
> particular stack as the OpenFabrics software stack (i.e. the acronym would
> be OFSS) - we must distinguish between the trunk and the OFED branch so I
> have changed the suggested acronym to OFST - T being trunk.

Bill, all, just a comment which if needed would be further clarified on
the sc06 devcon: the "trunk" for the linux kernel IB drivers is Roland's
GIT tree under kernel.org and this is not technical location. It comes
to sat that the framework of developing the linux kernel IB drivers is
the ***linux kernel*** and not this or that trunk/branch of the
open-fabrics alliance. Specifically, there is no such thing as "OFA
release" for the kernel drivers, they are developed and released within
the kernel framework, OFED takes a stable (eg 2.6.18-rc6 on OFED 1.1)
snapshot of the kernel IB code and further stabilize it for an OFED
release (this is questionable/discussable as well, along the way we
might move to push patches to -stable and have OFED release being
against some -stable release of the kernel).

Or.