[openfabrics-ewg] Results of agenda teleconf

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Nov 7 07:36:22 PST 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 9:24 AM, Or Gerlitz wrote:

>> Well, I'm glad we're reduced to sending around multiple versions
>> of word documents and manually merging them rather than using the
>> wiki...  ;-)
>
> Indeed, can you restate what is the reason for that?

I was being sarcastic; sorry, e-mail doesn't convey that well.  Last
week, I agreed to go back to having Bill entirely handle the agenda
document because of the following:

1) it was T-1 week to SC
2) we all have a million other things to do; Bill clearly wanted it
that way and I was tired of arguing
3) it seemed like the agenda was nearly complete and most
collaboration was done
4) it seemed the shortest / easiest path to resolution

Apparently, most/all of those items have turned out not to be true
(especially #3 -- there were lots of changes discussed on the call
yesterday).  I was somewhat surprised when Bill blatantly said on the
call yesterday, "You guys edit the agenda and send it to me; I'm not
really paying attention to the teleconference conversation because
I'm doing something else right now."

IMHO, using the wiki would have been a lot easier than trading around
more versions of Word documents with inconsistent / misleading
version numbers.  With the wiki, there would have been *one* copy of
the agenda (which could later easily have been turned into a
printable format).

Given how long it took to change my name to Tziporet's on the agenda,
I wonder how many of the changes that I sent yesterday will make it
onto the final agenda.  :-\

--
Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit