[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.2 contents and schedule as proposed by the EWG

Bill Boas bboas at systemfabricworks.com
Thu Nov 30 11:06:07 PST 2006

Following the Developer Summit discussions in Tampa the EWG is proposing the
contents and schedule for OFED 1.2 as described on their wiki

https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=OFED+release+procedure

Many members of the OpenFabrics Board could not be present at the summit and
many members of the OpenFabrics community were also not present.

Also the IWG is planning for its next Interoperability Test Event after
which it is probable that the OpenFabrics Logo program should be in effect.

Please review this proposal from the EWG carefully to ensure that if:-

1) you represent your company in the OpenFabrics community that your
company's product needs in the spring and early summer of 2007 will be met
by OFED 1.2 as proposed;

2) you are a customer or end user that may wish to deploy OFED 1.2 after its
release and distribution that it looks like it will contain what you need
for your installations by then;

3) you are working for a Linux distribution then the schedule, process and
testing  planned by the EWG and the IWG meet your requirements and schedule;

4) your interests do not align with the 3 identified above but you are also
planning to use OFED 1.2 please speak up and give the community feedback.

Any other feedback or comments are welcome.

In my role in the Alliance I'd like to thank Tziporet, Jeff, Nimrod, Aviram,
Bob, Hal, Sean, Tom, Or, Betsy, Roland, (please forgive me if I left out
your name)and everyone who has been working in the EWG for their tremendous
individual contributions to the Alliance and kernel software.

Bill Boas
VP, Business Development | System Fabric Works
bboas at systemfabricworks.com | 510-375-8840