[openfabrics-ewg] OFED procedures

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Sun Oct 1 06:25:00 PDT 2006

On 10/1/06 8:20 AM, "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst at mellanox.co.il> wrote:

>> Mellanox previously committed to having all the current procedures
>> documented and published by the teleconference (Jack even contacted me out
>> of band to ask for some clarifications).  Will that be done?  Where can
>> people review it?  That would be a good starting point for the discussion.
>
> I agree this should be a starting point for the discussion, and this will be
> done. Our resources are currently tied up with 1.1 release - for example, Jack
> is debugging an oops in the umad module, etc.  There was a general agreement
> that discussions will start after 1.1 is released - please, let us stick to
> that.

There was also agreement that we could talk about this on Oct 4/5.  I took
the context of "after 1.1" to mean that the conversation would be about v1.2
and beyond.

I do not understand the reluctance to keep postponing this discussion.  It's
good planning to start talking *before* we start working on the v1.2 series
(because otherwise it would be easy to say, "Well, we're already deep into
v1.2, so why not apply all this stuff to the v1.3 series?").

--
Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit