[openfabrics-ewg] OFED Status

Robert Walsh rjwalsh at pathscale.com
Mon Oct 2 14:40:07 PDT 2006

Robert Walsh wrote:
> Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>> Quoting r. Robert Walsh <rjwalsh at pathscale.com>:
>>> Subject: Re: [openfabrics-ewg] OFED Status

>>> Bryan sent this patch on Friday.  Please see:
>>>

>>> http://openib.org/pipermail/openfabrics-ewg/2006-September/001587.html
>>>

>> with this, if I enable ipath on system without qlogic hardware,
>> I still see on RHAS U4:
>>
>> ib_ipath: Could not create class_dev for minor 127, ipath_diagpkt (err
>> 19)
>> ib_ipath: Unable to create diag data device: error 19
>> and ib_ipath fals to load. As a result, opeibd start fails
>> if ipath was enabled at compile time.
>>
>> Did you test on a system without qlogic hardware?
>
> Not that specific patch, but that patch is tiny and to our RC protocol
> code only: if you're seeing this problem with the patch applied, I bet
> you'll also see it without the patch applied.  I will attempt to
> reproduce it on Monday morning when everyone is back at work.

Hi Michael,

I've just spotted where in the code this problem is occurring.  As I
suspected, it's nothing to do with the patch we sent you on Friday.  I
can have a small (low-risk) patch ready and tested by end of day today
that fixes this.  If you don't want to hold up the 1.1 release for this,
then by all means go ahead without it.

Regards,
 Robert.