[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED Status

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Oct 2 22:21:01 PDT 2006

 > modprobe would go into the D state and stay there.

Why?  What was the process stuck sleeping on?

 > From: Robert Walsh <robert.walsh at qlogic.com>

I assume this is supposed to be Signed-off-by: ?

 > +void ipath_diagpkt_add(void)
 > +{
 > +	if (diagpkt_count == 0)
 > +		ipath_cdev_init(IPATH_DIAGPKT_MINOR,
 > +				"ipath_diagpkt", &diagpkt_file_ops,
 > +				&diagpkt_cdev, &diagpkt_class_dev);
 > +
 > +	diagpkt_count++;
 > +}

This seems dangerous, especially now that we have PCI_MULTITHREAD_PROBE:
nothing prevents ipath_cdev_init() from being called twice.  Better to
use something like test_and_set_bit() to make sure this is done
exactly once.

 - R.