[openfabrics-ewg] FW: Mstflint - not working on ppc64 andwhendriver is notloaded on AMD

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Oct 3 00:45:06 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Moshe Kazir <moshek at voltaire.com>:
> A work-around that enable the use of mstflint only when the driver is
> loaded is not sufficient

I think I somewhat understand the mmap related kernel bug thing,
(although I'd like to see this discussed on lkml) but I still don't
understand where the "driver is loaded" thing comes from, and I'd like to.

> What you plan to do when you have system error ->
> - boot fail when IB started,
> - driver loading fail as result of driver error / miss match FWR, etc.

Not sure what's miss match FWR, but if you can't boot
the need to specify /proc/bus/pci/ is going to be the least of your problems.

Please understand, I'd like people to start using mthca0 for device
name rather than defaulting to lspci as the first resort.

--
MST