[openfabrics-ewg] FW: Mstflint - not working on ppc64 andwhendriver is notloaded on AMD

Moshe Kazir moshek at voltaire.com
Tue Oct 3 05:30:57 PDT 2006

Michael,

> Not sure what's miss match FWR, but if you can't boot
> the need to specify /proc/bus/pci/ is going to be the least of your
problems.

Are you sure that we will never face a situation were mthca driver is
not loaded and we need to burn a new HCA FWR  ?

What we expect the user to do in this case ?
Send the HCA to Mellanox ?

> Please understand, I'd like people to start using mthca0 for device
name rather than defaulting to lspci as the first resort.

I think that having " mstflint -d mthca0 ... " is really good  and user
friendly.

BUT please notice that ,
Plenty of the mstflint uses are done when a customer  buy / install new
IB lab equipment. New users that does not know IB yet knows lspci .

Lspci is easy to find info and very convenient for scripts writing.

So , Can you explain what's wrong with " mstflint -d <lspci info> .."
and why you don't want user to use it ?

Moshe

Moshe Katzir   |  +972-9971-8639 (o)   |   +972-52-860-6042  (m)

Voltaire - The Grid Backbone

 www.voltaire.com