[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED Status

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Oct 3 14:42:23 PDT 2006

    Robert> Well, it needs to be refcounted, as we need to create it
    Robert> on first add_one and remove it on the last remove_one.  If
    Robert> I put a spinlock around it, would that suffice?

Yes, that should be fine, although I assume you'll need to set a flag
and then create the file outside the lock.  (I guess you could also
get fancy and use atomic_inc_return() and atomic_dec_and_test() too if
you wanted).

I'm still curious -- what is the problem with creating the file before
any devices are found?  Why does modprobe get stuck?

 - R.