[openfabrics-ewg] IB/ipath - initialize diagpkt file on device init only

Robert Walsh rjwalsh at pathscale.com
Tue Oct 3 23:29:44 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

Here's a new spin of the patch to fix the problem of the ipath module
causing errors if no ipath hardware is present.  This new version of the
patch should fix the potential problem Roland spotted if the kernel is
doing multithreaded probes.

Roland: please review and queue for 2.6.19 if you're satisfied with this
approach.  I still don't have an answer about why modprobe hangs when
this patch isn't applied - I'll get to that in the next day or so when I
have a moment.

Michael: please consider replacing the last patch we sent to OFED for
this with this new version.  I suspect that, once again, you will be
required to modify the patch to get it to apply cleanly.  I'd like to
avoid having you do this, but I don't have a clear idea how to get hold
of the OFED-next-release-in-progress stuff.  Bryan handled this
previously, but he's on vacation for the next several weeks.  Do you
have some instructions written down somewhere you could point me at on
how to submit patches that would make your life a little easier in this
regard?

Regards,
  Robert.