[openfabrics-ewg] OFED release procedures

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 11 08:16:23 PDT 2006

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Speaking of releases -- didn't Mellanox (or someone?) do an OFED 1.0.1
> release?  I don't see a tarball for it under the 1.0 "releases" directory.
> I also don't see a corresponding "tags" directory in SVN for OFED releases.

You can find 1.0.1 under:
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.0/ofed/releases/
svn list https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.0/ofed/releases/
OFED-1.0.1.tgz
OFED-1.0.1.tgz.md5sum
OFED-1.0.tgz
OFED-1.0.tgz.md5sum
> Can the OFED release methodology (both technical and procedural) be posted
> somewhere, especially since the OFED process seems to be quite different
> from commonly-used SVN practices?  It would be helpful to have this
> information catalogued and posted in a common location for all to
> read/understand.

Regarding release process - I fully agree with you.
I published in mail the release process of OFED 1.0. We changed it for
OFED 1.1 (using git tree) and this was done by mail too.
So I need to write the full process now but since I am going for
vacation it will have to wait till I am back.

Tziporet