[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.1 - rc4

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Sep 12 17:27:18 PDT 2006

I am getting the following configure error when trying to build
OFED1.1-rc4 on RHEL4-U3 on x86_64.

checking for pthread_mutex_init in -lpthread... yes
checking for sysfs_open_class in -lsysfs... no
configure: error: sysfs_open_class() not found.  libibverbs requires
libsysfs.
Failed to execute: ./configure
--cache-file=/var/tmp/OFEDRPM/BUILD/openib-1.1/configure.cache
--disable-libcheck --prefix /usr/local/ofed --libdir /usr/local/ofed/lib
CPPFLAGS="-I../libibverbs/include"
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.26320 (%install)

I have the following sysfs RPMs installed, do I need something else ?

>rpm -q -a | grep sysfs
sysfsutils-devel-1.2.0-1
sysfsutils-1.2.0-1
sysfsutils-1.2.0-1

I did not get this config error on rc3 on the same systems nor did I get
it on rc4 on my Itanium machines.
Anyone else see a similar problem ?

woody