[openfabrics-ewg] OFED-1.1-rc4 is ready

Betsy Zeller betsy at pathscale.com
Tue Sep 12 20:27:08 PDT 2006

The change between RC3 and RC4 to the newer implementation of verbs was
a large change to go into the last release candidate. Amongst other
things, the ibv_driver_init function was changed to openib_driver_init.
Consequently, the QLogic user verbs support will no longer even compile.
Given the pushback on simpler changes earlier in the release cycle, this
is kind of a nasty surprise.

We can send in a patch for the QLogic driver, but clearly an RC5, and
quite a bit more testing  are going to be required.

Vlad, when do you plan to turn around RC5?

- Betsy