[openfabrics-ewg] On vacation on Sep-13 till 12-Oct

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Sep 14 15:16:49 PDT 2006

Tziporet wrote,

>During my absence the release coordination will be done by Aviram
Gutman
>and Vlad Sokolovsky.
>Michael Tsirkin will be responsible on approving new patches for OFED
1.1.
>Jack will be responsible for all release documents.

Hi Jack,

I would like to get one small change into the release notes.
I finally got the official wording for the Intel MPI product,
also, we cannot get the Qlogic HCA to work with Intel MPI
even with RC5, so unless there is going to be an RC6 to fix this,
I think we should add a note to the release notes,
so I would like you to change,

1.5 Third Party Packages
The following third party packages have been tested with OFED 1.1:
1. Intel MPI, Version 2.0.1 - refresh,  and Version 3.0

 1.5 Third Party Packages
The following third party packages have been tested with OFED 1.1:
1. Intel MPI Library v 2.0.1 for Linux
2. Intel MPI Library v 3.0 for Linux
Note that Intel MPI has only been validated with the Mellanox HCA for
this release
There are known issues with the QLogic HCA driver that prevent it from
running
correctly with some RDMA applications and uDAPL consumers, including
Intel MPI.
These will be addressed in a future release.