[openfabrics-ewg] On vacation on Sep-13 till 12-Oct

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun Sep 17 08:46:07 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Jeff Squyres <jsquyres at cisco.com>:
> Case in point: I've gone back and forth with one of the GNU Libtool
> maintainers for a few months to try to figure out a way to build Open MPI in
> this "fake" tree where all the rpath information for OMPI's executables
> won't be incorrect in the actual installation tree.  We haven't had success
> yet, but are meeting tomorrow to try again...

The issue is not limited to libtool, by the way.
Before you release a source package, you are supposed to make dist.

To do make you must run configure, and of course configure
fails on dependency check - so again you either install
stuff on your build machine, or start doing ugly hacks around
autotools/autoconf limitations.

--
MST