[openfabrics-ewg] Where do contribute new stuff to OFED scripts?

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Sep 18 03:27:07 PDT 2006

On 9/17/06 10:20 AM, "vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il" <vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il>
wrote:

> As you said the ofed directory: https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/ofed
> used to submit the changes for OFED-1.2 release.
>
> For now the directories: https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/ofed/scripts
> and https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.1/ofed/scripts are the same.
>
> Every change to OFED install scripts checked in into trunk and then into
> branches 1.1.

I compared them at some point and there were significant differences, but
looking through the svn history, you have been diligent about keeping them
in sync, so I can only conclude that my prior comparison was faulty somehow.

Attached is a patch for the trunk install.sh.  It does two main things:

1. If we're using a recognized compiler (gcc, intel, pgi, pathscale), add
appropriate "-rpath" flags into the OMPI wrapper compilers by adding the
relevant ./configure flag.  If we're on an unrecognized compiler, do not add
-rpath flags to the wrapper compilers (because we don't necessarily know
what the compiler flags will be).

2. Future versions of OMPI (possibly even 1.2; it's under debate at the
moment) allow a new ./configure flag that allows OMPI to default its mpirun
behavior to assume the use of "--prefix $prefix" (where $prefix is the
installation directory of OMPI).  It is harmless to use this flag even if
OMPI does not yet recognize it; it will be silently ignored.  When OMPI does
recognize the flag, the behavior described above will be used.

These two changes will make it such that users will not need to modify their
shell startup files (particularly for LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to use OMPI.

--
Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit