[openfabrics-ewg] Where do contribute new stuff to OFED scripts?

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 18 13:08:32 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Matt Leininger <mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov>:
> Subject: Re: Where do contribute new stuff to OFED scripts?
>
> On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 11:47 -0400, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 11:37, Matt Leininger wrote:
> > [snip...]
> >
> > > We need to get these issues worked out before going
> > > into the OFED release for SC06.
> >
> > Is there another OFED release to be geared at SC06 ? If so, that would
> > be excellent.
> >
>   It was my understanding that an OFED-1.1.1 or OFED-1.2 release would
> be targeted for SC06.

What does it mean for OFED to target SC06?

>  Does anyone know the current state of iWarp support in the mainline
> development branch (of OpenFabrics, not OFED)?  I'm sure some folks
> would like to see an OFED-2.0 release with iWarp support for SC06.
>
>   Thanks,
>
> 	- Matt

It looks like iWarp support will be in upstream kernels from 2.6.19.  So if you
want iWarp in OFED, a reasonable time to start integrating and testing this
support will be when 2.6.19 reaches an -rc stage, about 1-1.5 month from now,
and a reasonable target for release would be close to 2.6.19 release date, 2-3
months from now.

So I don't think OFED release with iWarp before November '06 is realistic,
but there might be an RC if you want to demo it at SC06.

HTH

--
MST