[ofa-general] RE: [ewg] ofed and vendors firmware

Egor Tur worldeb at ukr.net
Sun Apr 1 02:30:02 PDT 2007

Hi folk.

> Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) wrote:
> > Cisco provides HCA firmware and documentation with our driver releases
> > in the form of ISO images, at
> > http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/sfs-linux, to anyone who
> > registers at cisco.com.  To get support from Cisco you must have a Cisco
> > support contract.
> >

> You may wish to add this to the OFED Wiki:
> https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=SupportedHardware

> GREGOIRE Philippe wrote:
> > What about  Mellanox HCA provided by Cisco, Voltaire and Mellanox ?

What about Mellanox HCA provided by HP?

In my system I have HCA from HP with 409376-B21 P/N:
cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/board_id
HP_0060000001
cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/fw_ver
4.7.400
cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/hw_rev
a0
cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/hca_type
MT25208 (MT23108 compat mode)
cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/node_desc
HP Lion Cub DDR 128MB
Also I see mesages from  boot modules:
ib_mthca : HCA FW version 4.7.400 is old (4.7.600 is current).
ib_mthca : If you have problems, try updating your HCA FW.
uname -rm
2.6.18 x86_64
lspci
InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25208 InfiniHost III Ex (Tavor compatibility mode) (rev 20)

Thanx.