[ewg] Re: pkey change handling patch

Moni Levy monil at voltaire.com
Thu Apr 26 04:49:10 PDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com> wrote:

> If you want to tackle more of the cache elimination plan we discussed
> that would be great though.

One more issue I looked into that in my opinion needs to be discussed
is that we do not have an easy api that should provide us with the
whole PKEY table and one for the whole GID table for a specific port.
I know that ib_process_mad can be used it's just not user friendly.
The only thing we have now is ib_query_pkey that gets us one pkey from
a specific index and is implemented to get the 32 pkeys chunks under
the hood (and something similar for gids). Do we need something like
ib_get_pkey_table & ib_get_gid_table calls ? Just an interesting fact:
ib_cache_update on a Mellanox card performs 64 + 64 + 1 = 129 commands
instead the really needed 5 :)

-Moni