[ewg] RE: [ofa-general] Fwd: Re: using stgit/guilt for public branches

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Apr 26 07:10:06 PDT 2007

>FYI. I posted a question on git mailing list, asking about
>best ways to manage ofed repository.
>
>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/45519
>
>The conclusion so far seems to be that what we are doing (keeping patches
>under version control) is basically the right way to do it:
>
>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/45569

I strongly prefer that the patches be applied to the actual code.  Someone who
wants to use stgit can generate their own set of patches and manage them off the
tree if they want.

Right now it's way too difficult to see what code is there, switch 'branches',
generate patches, etc.  We're doing everything manually and losing the majority
of the benefits that git gives us.