[ewg] APM Example

Abhinav Vishnu abhinav.vishnu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:49:36 PDT 2007

Roland,

Thanks for your mail.

On 4/26/07, Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com> wrote:

> > Mellanox VAPI used to have support for completion events with
> > different APM states.  However, with Openfabrics, i see that the
> > support for MIGRATED -> ARMED event is not there (verbs.h include
> > file). is there any specific reason for the same?
>
> I don't know what you're referring to.  Of course a transition from
> MIGRATED -> ARMED is not done through a work queue and hence doesn't
> generate a completion.  There is an affiliated async event defined,
> IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG, that will be generated when a migration takes
> place, but AFAIK the only thing that happens when arming APM is that
> the modify QP operation succeeds.

This event will be generated when the alternate path has successfully
transitioned to the primary path. However, VAPI has an event which
specifies the successful transition of MIGRATED -> ARMED (I know very well,
that it is done through modify_qp). But just the success of modify_qp does
not explicitly tell the time at which the transition successfully occured,
does it?

Specifically:

VAPI_PATH_MIG_ARMED would make my day. I believe that VAPI_QP_PATH_MIGRATED
is similar to IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Also, do you have a simple example showing the APM functionality.

Thanks much,

:- Abhinav

What specific VAPI thing are you thinking of?

--
Abhinav Vishnu
Graduate Student